Thursday, October 22, 2009

Student Teaching!!!

Hey Everyone!
I finally figured out how to get on this blog.

I am currently living at home with Mom and Dad while student teaching and taking a teaching seminar class once a week at Alfred University. Tomorrow, I end my first placement at HF-L. Monday, October 28th I will be starting my second placement at Bloomfield Elementary. The kids are great here at HF-L! I am in charge of a photography class, 3 studio art classes and a sculpture class. Im soooo proud of everyone's ecomplishments! Both the studio and sculpture kids have really done an amazing job on thier projects which I:

-Brainstormed myself
-Wrote a 5-6 page lesson plan
-Taught
-Facilitated/helped along the way
-Graded
-Displayed the artwork.

When going into college, in never thought I would really love being a teacher, I just wanted to do it for something concrete to pay my loans back with. However, from the first week up until now, I realize I do like teaching a lot and it has been a good choice to take this road. I can definitely see myself in my own classroom someday. The question is...High School or Elementary? I'll see what I think after this next placement. I graduate in December with a Major in Art and Design, a Minor in Education and will be certified to teach art K-12 in the state of NY!
On the weekends I am working at an Italian Resturaunt. I love the people I work with and now that the school year has started, the money has been good.

I'll give you the update on Elementary Teaching when I am at Bloomfield!

No comments:

Post a Comment